Welcome to my "Motorcycle Stuff" page

Welcome to my blog spot.

I'll try to share useful motorcycle links, information and how-to on this page. Feel free to add to it or leave comments.

For the blog archive, please scroll down. you'll see it on the left hand column. Thank you, and have fun.

Discalimer & Credits: Most of the stuff I have here is copy & paste. These are just excerpts from long discussions. There may be updates/contradictions/changes to this information. I encourage you to review the original posts for details and discussion. For the full articles and discussion, PLEASE visit the link and THANK the original authors. I just compiled this information, nothing more. Credit is due to those who originally posted these.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Free horsepower!! -mods for cheap - How-Tos and FAQs @ KawiForums.com

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22113

Originally posted by: crawdad369




well I'm sure alot of you cheap asses are bored and would love to do any cheap mods that you can, so here you go.

03-04 636's have a diverter in the airbox inwhich the 6RR does not have, this can be removed by drilling out the two rivets.Attached image
Attached image


K@N and BMC filters are nice but cost $$$$$$. You can modify your stock airfilter by removing the screen with a flatblade screwdriver. Make sure that you dont leave any metal shavings and clean that dirty filter.Attached image
Attached image

=================================================================
If you have heard of the Kleen air mod or pair valve removal then you probably know that there are a couple different ways of doing this. Here are a few pics of my method.

Remove the tank and airbox, look on top of the valve cover for the plastic valve. I remove this with the vac. line and use a 3/8" tee and 3/8" fuel line. I use these to replace the factory valve, but instead of reconnecting to the airbox I reroute this to the crankcase breather which I point at in the picture. The vac line is pluged and the airbox ports are pluged.Attached image
Attached image
Attached image
Attached image
Attached image=

No comments: