Welcome to my "Motorcycle Stuff" page

Welcome to my blog spot.

I'll try to share useful motorcycle links, information and how-to on this page. Feel free to add to it or leave comments.

For the blog archive, please scroll down. you'll see it on the left hand column. Thank you, and have fun.

Discalimer & Credits: Most of the stuff I have here is copy & paste. These are just excerpts from long discussions. There may be updates/contradictions/changes to this information. I encourage you to review the original posts for details and discussion. For the full articles and discussion, PLEASE visit the link and THANK the original authors. I just compiled this information, nothing more. Credit is due to those who originally posted these.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Left Side Engine Generator Cover Install !HOW-TO! - How-Tos and FAQs @ KawiForums.com

http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15430

Well This Subject Seems to come up Often, And with out Having a Manual, I was Easly able to Change My Left Side Engine Cover, In which I replaced it with a WoodCraft unit. The Reason for the Install was Due to a Crash I had in which the Factory Cover Cracked and Leaked oil, I had tried to have it Fixed Via Welding, But it would not hold!

First, Take the Side faring off, And Loosen all the Bolts for the Genarator Cover....

Attached image


Attached image

Now Remove the cover (keep in mind that the Genrator is Magnetic and is hard to pull apart) Also you want to remove the 4 Hex (size T30) and the 2 Bolts holding the Wire down...


Attached image

Once the Old cover is Off, Now Install the new cover, Make sure to Use Loctite on the Genarator Bolts, and also To use a new gasket and Add some Sealent around the wires....


Attached image


Attached image


This is what the Finished Product should look like....


Attached image

Hope this Helps out, I Think anyone should be able to complete this with no Worries!

Attached image
Canada vipola
Report
Gatineau
Qu�bec

2001 ZX-6R

Member# 4,600
Joined: Apr 04
Posts: 371
08/21/2005 : 11:22 PM
WHERE ARES THE DAMN PICTURES?!?!?!?!?!
United States manny92057
Report
Oceanside
California

1999 ZX-6R

Member# 18,011
Joined: Dec 05
Posts: 28
12/19/2005 : 2:17 PM
Anyone Know the torque specs? Has Anyone downloaded a 1999 zx6r manual yet? Im a new member.



No comments: